Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Downloading .gpi files

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fxs44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downloading .gpi files
    Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 5:20pm
I am having trouble downloading the .gpi files to my computer. For example, i was dowloading the Wilderness trip and the only download I obtained was one spreadsheet that contained appr 5k of information. What am I doing wrong. Frank
fxs44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fxs44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 5:40pm
I checked my unit and i do have the .gpi files there. I see that my problem is that a do not understand .gpi files. I thought they would be multi kilobite files to include all the information but they are smaller than even zipped files. I still do no see how they can get all the info including audio in these files. Can somebody give this novice a primer on this?
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 6:38pm
Hi,
It sounds as though you are downloading and transferring the .gpi file corectly.  However, I think the problem that you're experiencing is due to the fact that the Wilderness Trail tour does not have any audio or images associated with it.  Thus, the .gpi file is very small.  If there were audio or images associated with it, the file would be much larger.  Try downloading the San Francisco Sights tour and you will see that the .gpi file is much larger since it contains audio and images.

Which GPS device are you using?  This may have some affect on what information you're able to see once you've loaded the file to your device.

Thanks, Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic