Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Downloading .gpi files

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2007 at 8:12am
Yes, if you set the proximity alert to a certain distance, it will show up on your nuvi when you are within that distance.

Your example should work.  The restaurant/restroom/ride locations you created should pop up when you are within the proximity you've set.  The only thing I'm not sure of is what will happen when you are within the proximity of multiple locations at the same time.  Note that when you have downloaded a tour guide to your nuvi, the locations show up as grey dots.  So another alternative would be to look at your map while you're at disney world and see where the closest grey dot is. 

I might suggest creating separate tours for the restaurants, rides, and restrooms.  Then, when you need to find something, you can select the appropriate tour, and the restaurants (for instance) will show up with the closest being first and the furthest being last.  This method would allow you to not have to have ALL locations in one tour and have to sift through all the locations to find what you want.

Let me know if you have any further questions.  I wish I had had this tour when I went to disney world last year! ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic