Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Downloading .gpi files

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butifnot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 7:10pm
When I download the .gpi through the 1st option it goes to the Garmin/POI folder on my Nuvi 350 but I'm not sure what to do from there? If I go through Travel Kit -> Travel Guide I get a message that no Travel Guides are present on the device. Have I missed a step or not enabled something somewhere?

Edited by butifnot - 14 Sep 2007 at 7:12pm
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 7:29pm

Try going to "Where To?", My Locations, Custom POI, and the tour should show up there.  If not, let me know which tour you're trying to download and I'll see if there's a problem with that specific tour.

Thanks, Scott
butifnot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butifnot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 7:52pm
Thanks ~ I was able to find them this way and they showed just fine! Am I correct that if I set a proximity alert that as I'm walking around that POI will display automatically?

Example: What I'm wanting to do is go to Disney World with the family. I've downloaded a .kml showing ride, restaurant, and restroom locations. I wish to convert to a Travel Guide, download it to my nuvi 350 and as we are walking around things can pop-up or when asked "where is the nearest restroom?" Nuvi 350 to the rescue!

Any tips or suggestions would be great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic