Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

audio upload

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riegeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: audio upload
    Posted: 04 Aug 2007 at 2:43pm
I successfully created a tour, haven't tested it yet. But I am unable to upload mp3 - I get a message that says it must be 31 characters or less. I have tried updating the name of the mp3 but it won't take. Any ideas?
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 6:41am
Riegeler,
The 31 character filename limit is due to limitations in some of the GPS devices when downloading the tours.  We haven't seen a problem when the filename is less than 31 characters (including the .mp3 extension).  Please try renaming your file to something like "one.mp3" and see if that works.  It would also be helpful if you could send me the filename of your audio file so I could try to replicate the error on our end.

Thanks, Scott
wsqrd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsqrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 3:33pm
I also got that '31 characters or less' message when I was trying to upload an image. The name was very short, like 'OBT01.jpg'. I was on a macintosh using Safari. When I went to work and used IE on a PC, it worked just fine.

I also tried IE on my Mac. Didn't work either.

Is GeoTours Web supposed to support Mac?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic