Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

List Sort suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Sort suggestion
    Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 8:47pm
This site is really a great idea!

It would be useful to be able to sort the tour list on the number of locations. The tours with only one or two sites (which are, for the moment, the majority) aren't too useful.

Better yet, sorts on mulitiple attributes including number of locations.

Better filtering or sorting capabilities are going to be necessary in a few months when you have not 200 tours but 20,000.

There is some annoying behaviour when I hit enter by mistake (e.g., when I have just entered an address and want to look at the map) the site takes me to an error page. This happens at other times too.

Also, it would be nice not to have to scroll up to see the map display when clicking "show on map." I think that this should almost always be a step to validate the the address has been entered correctly and the Google recognized the address correctly.   It was a bit of a nusance to keep scrolling up.

Just ideas. The site works quite well and is really useful.
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 6:38am

We have heard other feedback on the search capabilities of GeoTours Xchange, and to search by/sort by number of locations is one feature that we will be implementing.  We also will allowing search/filter capabilities to show tours with audio only, audio & image, image only, etc. so you can better find the tour you are looking for.

We'll look into your suggestion of receiving an error page when entering a location and having to scroll up when clicking the "Show on Map" button.

Thanks for the feedback!

Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic