Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get tour to work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terrariet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get tour to work
    Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 7:51am
I have big difficulties getting my tour to work and my deadline is heading towards me like a big truck.

I'm trying to make an elctronic walking tour in the area around my workplace, I have made the POI's and tour in GeoTours Plus, but no matter how I try, I cant get it to work.

I'm using a TDS Nomad PDA with build in GPS, Windows Mobile 6.0 platform and Garmin XT on a SD card.

I've tried downloading the tour as a .gpi file, placed in the Garmin\POI folder, but the POI's don't show up on the map, nothing happens when I get physically close to where they're supposed to be and the pictures don't show when I try to navigate to a chosen POI from the "My locations" folder (which would be a suboptimal but workable temporary solution for the tour).

Do I need to use the GeoTours Mobile, even though I have Garmin XT?

Can the Danish letters . and in the description/text influence anything? (The text displays fine in the tourbuilder and the Garmin XT displays the characters fine, not every POI contains the special characters)

Any suggestions?
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 12:19pm
Terrariet,
Unfortunately, Mobile XT does not support the Garmin TourGuide format. You should be able to get the POIs to display and route to them (I think), but the audio and pictures will not work because it does not support the TourGuide format and because it doesn't support playing mp3 files.

There are two routes you could go:

1. Use GeoTours Mobile. Since your PDA has built-in GPS, it should work okay. You might have some difficulties if you try to run both GeoTours Mobile and Mobile XT at the same time since they will both want to use the GPS data stream, but the Windows built-in GPS multiplexer or a third party multiplexer should remedy this.

2. Use a Garmin nuvi that supports playing mp3 files. This would give you everything you're looking for.

Hope this helps. Scott
Terrariet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terrariet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 7:33am
Thank you very much, my PDA now makes an audio signal and displays the media files when I'm close to the POI's Smile

New questions arising from this succes:

Can I get any type of map material to display as a "background" to the POI's? (The original thought behind getting the Garmin XT was to display the POI's and a track on a map).
Plenty of room on the PDA, I just need something compatible to get rid of the blank background and give the whole thing a "GPS feel".

Is there any way to enlarge the pictures and/or text displayed on the screen?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic