Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using POI with audio with TomTom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_whom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using POI with audio with TomTom
    Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 4:08am
Am I right in thinking that Garmin is the only sat-nav that can handle audio files on POIs?

Are there any workarounds to get a TomTom/other satnavs to play audio?

Please help!

Cheers,

Dr_Whom
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 11:55am
You are correct in your assumption.  Currently only Garmin allows an audio file to be directly associated with a POI.  However, you can also do this using GeoTours Mobile which runs on any windows-enabled smartphone with an integrated or attached GPS receiver.

We currently provide support for downloading the location names and lat/lon values to a TomTom, but there's no way to associate audio files with POIs.  Our site does allow you to download the audio files along with the TomTom POIs, but you must transfer them to your device and play them manually using the built-in MP3 player when you are at the location.

Thanks, Scott
dr_whom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_whom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 1:19am
No way, you can play mp3s with a TomTom? I've used one (currently a TomTom One) for years and I didn't know that! Is there any documentation on this anywhere about how you do it?

Thanks for  your help by the way Scott! You rule! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic