Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I host widgets on my own site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 1:22pm
Ahh, I see what you're getting at.  The widgets do not count towards your 250MB--just the waypoint audio files and image files.  So if we can assume each location includes 130KB for the audio file and 500KB for 30 seconds of MP3 audio and that each tour contains 10 of these waypoints, then you'd be able to store 250,000/((130+500)*10) = around 40 tours/widgets.

Also, please note that when you upload an image file, our site optimizes it to fit on GPS devices and in most cases file size is reduced, so the 130KB image will probably reduced to 60 or 80KB (just guessing) which would give you room for more tours.

We also can bump up your storage space for a small annual fee, though this service is not published (until now!).

Thanks, Scott
longlongtrail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longlongtrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 1:21am
Thanks for that very clear and useful reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic