Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can a gpi be too large

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansvaessen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can a gpi be too large
    Posted: 17 Oct 2007 at 5:49am
I am building a gpi for use with the garmin zumo. I noted that sometimes the gpi IS loaded to the device but will not work.
In that case there also are no poi's under 'extra's'.

At first I thought the audio-files might have been to large; but removing some of them didn't help.
Then I decreased the number of POI's and it worked ok. I think the limit is somewhere near 25. Any idea??

Also: is there any way to increase the number of Mb's? I am using quite long audio-files and have reached my limit. Sure: I can split the route in two parts and make a second account but if it would be possible to increase that would be great!
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2007 at 8:45am
Hans,
I have not run into this problem before.  The only time I've seen POIs not show up is when there are unreadable/unrecognizable characters in the tour descriptions. 

Are the tours you currently have on GeoTours the ones causing problems?  I'd like to research this further to get to the root of the problem and find out if there is indeed a limit to the number of locations in the Garmin TourGuide format.

Which Garmin device are you using?

Thanks, Scott
hansvaessen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansvaessen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2007 at 8:48am

Nope, meanwhile I removed the error-tour. But if i find the time I might be able to reproduce. Will let you know then. Might well be a karakter..

I am working with a Zumo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic