Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

journey vs destination oriented GPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansvaessen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2007 at 5:38am
Goldwinger;

I think you might have choosen the wrong GPS for what you were looking for. My advise: sell it and go for the Garmin Zumo.

The Zumo will bring you exactly what you are looking for (i am currently working on it myself). Using the garmin mapsource software you can create a route and put it in the Zumo. This is seperate from the POI/GPI file. The route is only meant to 'force' you to visit the POI's.

With a combination of a route and an gpi you will reach what you are looking for.

Other (very important) advantage is that the Zumo is waterproof and especially designed for the motorcycle.

Meanwhile Garmin has announced the Nuvi 7xx series which will apperantly have the same features as the Zumo; but then for car-use.

@geovative: with the Zumo and Nuvi7xx you can send a track as gpx-file to the device and it will give you directions for following this specific route.
I expect Garmin will view this feature as USP for the more expensive units (like the nuvi7xx); would appreciate if you could inform me if you hear otherwise from Garmin!

Best regards,

Hans
Goldwinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2007 at 7:43am
That is what I was thinking too.

I figured I would just buy the cheapest one to learn on when I bought the 330 and then upgrade when I figured out which one I wanted, instead of buying an expensive unit that would end up not working for me.  It is coming winter over here in the states so I will wait till spring to purchase a new unit.

Even though the 330 is not what I need it still is a lot of fun to play with.

Thanks for the reply.

Randy
ohwolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2008 at 7:29am

I've got a Nuvi 350 and experienced the same challenges. However, now when I create a multi-point route, I simply rename my points with the letters of the alphabet before each entry. Example:

A - ClareMar Campground

B - Edison's Birthplace

C - Mansfield State Prison

D - Vargo's Ice Cream

The POIs are listed alphabetically, so my list stays in order. When I arrive at my destination, I simply have it take me to the next point on my list.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic